Thursday, January 29, 2015

Slim Mariposa Birthday Card

I absolutely adore the new die set that I purchased called Mariposa. There are three different packs of dies that can be used alone or combined with one another to produce endless styles and designs.

This is the first card that I created to see how the dies would cut. I used my Cuttlebug and this particular set cut beautifully. However, some of the dies in the set are quite large. In fact, they are so large that it would be better to use this with the Grand Calibur by Spellbinders or one of the Big Shots by Sizzix. 

I am calling this my slim card. It measures 6 x 3 inches.


Single Cut


Single Cut w/ Layer


Materials Used:
Cardstock: Recollections
Cuttlebug
Dies: Couture


Stop by soon for more ideas.

1 comment:

  1. I recently purchased one of the Mariposa sets and am frantically looking for ideas! They are pretty large and I do not usually make large cards LOL! I do like the red bg and the idea of a slim card is great. Let me know if you have found inspiration some where! (cardsbyDorothy)

    ReplyDelete